What it takes to be a Tiger
Holy Cross School seeks to attract young men who wish to develop their mind, heart, body, and soul in an environment of excellence, proven effective since 1849. Our ideal candidates will value our Catholic, Holy Cross mission and will have demonstrated the potential to benefit and flourish from our academic, spiritual, and extra-curricular offerings.
Candidates are accepted based upon the composite of acceptable criteria. No single factor determines acceptance or denial. Holy Cross School looks at the qualities of the entire person.
- Completion of Online Admissions Application: CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE
- Report Cards from 2 previous school years
- Final transcript from current school year
- Any standardized testing results available
- If applicable, any student evaluation reports
- Completion of an in-person interview with Holy Cross School Administration, Admissions Staff, or Faculty
*Applicants for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten will complete professional evaluations in lieu of report cards. The Holy Cross School Admissions Staff will schedule the appropriate evaluations with each family.
Factors considered for acceptance:
- Evidence of continuous achievement on previous school records
- Favorable reports regarding discipline, citizenship, and effort
- Involvement in school, church, community, or other extracurricular activities
- Special consideration is given to a student whose family has past or current associations with Holy Cross School
- While we are a Catholic school, Holy Cross School is open to students of all faiths and backgrounds
- All students and families participate in an interview process before acceptance
Ready to learn more?
Please contact the Holy Cross School Admissions Office
[email protected] or 504-942-1871
Holy Cross School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, or disability in violation of state and federal law or regulation in administration of its educational policies or programs.