It's Rivalry Week, and we are celebrating the 100th Game between the Holy Cross Tigers and the Jesuit Blue Jays. We look forward to seeing our Holy Cross family at the pep rally, tailgate and football game. Below is all the information you need to get prepared for the festivities.
Holy Cross Rivalry Pep Rally
Holy Cross will hold a student pep rally on Friday, October 4, from 2:15-2:45 p.m. Below are a few important announcements for parents and visitors.
- All primary students (Pre-K-4th grade) will ride the bus to the Paris Avenue campus for the pep rally. No primary student may be dismissed or checked out from the pep rally. All primary students will ride the bus back to the Elysian Fields campus for dismissal.
- Afternoon bus service will be delayed by about 10 minutes, due to the activities taking place on campus at the end of the day. Please expect buses to arrive at least 10 minutes later than normal drop-off times.
- To ensure the safety of our students, all visitors, including parents and alumni, must check-in at the Headmaster's Reception Desk or the Student Center.
- Visitors attending the pep rally must view the event from the second floor of the Student Center. The first floor is reserved for Holy Cross students, faculty, staff and pep rally performers.
- Visitors may not park on the neutral grounds.
Tailgate Party & Parade - New Location!
Join us at City Park Friday, October 4 at 4:00 p.m. for the Rivalry Tailgate party, featuring music, food and refreshments and the Krewe of Rivalry Parade. All are welcome to this family-friendly event. Please note the event will take place in the "Roosevelt Mall" area on the back side of Tad Gormley Stadium. See link below for details.
Any families or school groups who would like to set up a "tailgate" area (tent, food, etc.), need to download the information packet found in the link below, which includes Tailgating Policies and Procedures for Tad Gormley Stadium. If you plan to have a tailgate set-up, you must pre-register with Michael Baiamonte at email@example.com or Dean Arnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for everything you need to know about the Tailgate event (tailgate registration, maps, etc.).
Holy Cross vs. Jesuit Football Game
The game begins Friday, October 4, at 7:15 p.m. at Tad Gormley Stadium. Get your special Commemorative Game Ticket while they last! Pre-sale tickets are available for $7 each in the Spirit Shop, Headmaster's Reception Desk, or Primary School Office. Tickets purchased at the gate are $9. Students and faculty can get in with their student/faculty ID.
Rivalry T-Shirts Available for Purchase
Rivalry t-shirts are on sale in the Spirit Shop or the Primary Office. Adult, youth and ladies sizes are available for $22 ($24 for 2XL or 3XL). Students may wear their 2019 Rivalry t-shirts (or their 2019 Family Day t-shirts) on Friday 10/4.
Spirit Shop Hours:
Tuesday though Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-3:00 p.m.
*Merchandise will also be sold at the Tailgate
Commemorative Media Guide
Our Football Boosters will be selling a Commemorative Media Guide for $10 at the game. This program will feature a special section with historical stories and photos reflecting on the 100th game. Quantities are limited - get yours at the game!
Tailgate Volunteer Signup
We are in need of volunteers to help out with food setup, assembly and distribution at the Tailgate event. Please click the link below to sign up to volunteer. For more information, please contact Jenny Lacoste at email@example.com.
Parking at Delgado Community College
Delgado Community College will be offering parking in their lots on Navarre and Marconi for $5 per car. We look forward to seeing everyone at the tailgate and game! For more info on the event, click here.
The Great American Rivalry Series (GARS) Live will also be streaming the game via Facebook Watch, beginning 15 minutes before kickoff. GARS Live will be posting exclusive content around the game in a public Facebook Group. Fans from both schools will be able to share their own photos and posts to the group.