Why Holy Cross
Holy Cross School was founded in 1849 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, under the leadership of its founder, Blessed Father Basil Moreau. Our educational philosophy is to develop the whole man – mind and heart, body and soul.
– Blessed Basil Moreau, Founder, Congregation of Holy Cross
A Holy Cross education focuses on challenging each student to reach his fullest potential and realize his own inner genius. Our curriculum is innovative, putting an emphasis on cooperation, creativity, and adaptability. Our faculty members, many of whom are Holy Cross graduates, are committed to our mission of educating the whole man, and they treat each student as an individual, so they can help each young man realize his God-given gifts and talents.
What Sets Us Apart
- 24 college-level courses (Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment) allow students to gain college credit before graduating.
- Our highly qualified faculty includes 6 members with doctorate-level degrees.
- We focus on individual growth and work with all students to reach their full potential.
- Block scheduling in middle and high school allows us to maximize cognitive retention.
- Ideal class sizes allow us to get to know each student individually.
- We know your son is not average. We know he is capable of great things, and we will surround him with the best teachers and the best tools for success.
- Our innovative, project-based learning program in primary and middle school grades promotes imagination, creativity and exploration with a strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) instruction.
- Fine Arts programs build confidence and creativity as students have the opportunity to explore visual arts, music, chorus and theater throughout their Holy Cross education.
- Faith and formation of servant leaders is the cornerstone of a Holy Cross education. Students participate in school-wide liturgies, grade-level retreats and service to the community. In addition, they have opportunities to become peer ministers, attend leadership retreats, perform mission work and serve in our liturgies as readers, altar servers and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion.
- Our dedicated college counselor works with each student to deliver a personalized plan for college and life after graduation. We work with students, teachers and parents to seek out the best opportunities for college scholarships and opportunities that will match the student’s needs and interests. Our 160 graduates in the class of 2018 received just over $16 million in college scholarship offers.
- Holy Cross School has a strong tradition of athletic programs that build confidence and character while engaging in a wide variety of sports. Our middle school athletic program includes both competitive and intramural teams, which allows students to participate at any level. Many of our high school athletes have gone on to successful college and professional athletic careers.
- Our faculty and staff work closely with each student to deliver a challenging curriculum while developing responsible young men who will become future servant leaders.