Holy Cross School offers Summer Credit Recovery to enable current Holy Cross students who have earned a grade of D or F in subjects to remove deficiencies. For questions concerning Summer Credit Recovery, please call your school counselor or Eric DesOrmeaux during school hours.
Students must remove all failing grades incurred during the regular school year in Holy Cross Credit Recovery before they will be considered for readmission.
Students in grades 8-12 may remediate a maximum of three ½ credit Ds from the current school year per session. This practice is highly recommended as it provides an opportunity for a student to increase his overall GPA and reinforce their knowledge in core subjects.
In a Summer Credit Recovery session, no more than one-and-a-half units of credit may be made up by a student in grades 8 thought 12.
Summer Credit Recovery
May 31, June 1, & June 2 2016
June 6 - June 24, 2016
June 27 - July 15, 2016
Note: July 4 is a holiday.
Summer Credit Recovery hours are as follows:
8 - 10:00
10 - 12:00
12 - 12:30
12:30 - 2:30
Students must be in assigned classrooms or designated, supervised areas on campus.
Students must follow the behavioral expectations and dress code according to 2015-2016 Holy Cross Student Handbook.
Summer Credit Recovery Site:
Donald Palmer Hall
5500 Paris Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana 70122
Number of seat hours required:
# of hours (in attendance)
Summer Remediation Site
½ credit elective
- A non-refundable $100 registration fee must be paid at time of registration. No tuition will be refunded after the first week of summer recovery.
- Registration begins at 8 a.m. and will close at 3:00 p.m. in the counseling department.
- The cost for Grades 5 - 7 is $400 per course due at registration.
- The cost for Grades 5 - 7 is $300 per ½ credit elective due at registration.
- The cost for Grades 8 - 12 is $300 per ½ credit due at registration.
- The cost for Grades 8 - 12 is $600 per 1 credit due at registration.
- The cost for Grades 8 - 12 is $900 per 1 ½ credit due at registration.
- Payment may be made via cash, money order, or check made payable to Holy Cross School. Full payment for all students is due at registration.
- Students must provide their own transportation, a notebook for each course, pens and pencils.
If you have any questions, click here to email Eric DesOrmeaux (email@example.com)