“We can state in a word the kind of teaching we wish to impart. We do not want our students to be ignorant of anything they should know. To this end, we shall avoid no sacrifice. We shall always place education side by side with instruction; the mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart. While we prepare useful citizens for society, we shall likewise do our utmost to prepare citizens for eternal life.”
- Blessed Basile Moreau
Founder, Congregation of Holy Cross
We know caring parents don’t care about bricks or mortar, motherboards or keyboards. Shiny trophies or perfect location won’t be a determining factor for you. You need to know he’ll be given the scholastic foundation and the moral formation to guide him through his transformation.
- The camaraderie of boys as they learn how to become men. We understand the physiological, psychological, spiritual and cognitive development of boys. We give our boys a great deal of responsibility and watch them gain independence while maintaining a fair amount of fun.
- We offer college prep curriculum in the middle school. Our middle school curriculum is vertically aligned with our high school. Because our 8th grade takes five high school classes, grades 5-7 are accelerated to ensure our students are prepared for the rigor of high school.
- 80 minute classes are statistically proven to maximize cognitive retention. This duration increases comprehension and offers more meaningful instruction, cooperative learning, technology projects, experimentations, presentations and student-teacher interactions.
- Our 7th grade students are expected to transition into our 8th grade. There is a continuity established and confidence is gained with each passing year at Holy Cross. No transition dip or adjustment period, just lifelong bonds being formed over eight years.
- The one-to-one laptop program gives our middle school students the opportunity to learn at their pace – either to move ahead to another challenge or to review a tough concept another time.
- Boys are creative and artistic - drama, chorus, studio art or our music. Our boys cultivate their creative abilities and increase the confidence in an all-male environment.
- Starting in 5th grade, we begin offering extracurricular and athletic experiences. Whatever we offer to our high school students, we try to have a counterpart for the middle school.
We pride ourselves on the ability to help young men reach their potential and maximize their future opportunities. Our faculty and staff work closely with each student to deliver a challenging curriculum while developing responsible young men who will become our future campus and community leaders.
Thanks for considering Holy Cross as an option for your son’s middle school. We look forward to working with you and your family. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.