“We can state in a word the kind of teaching we wish to impart. We do not want our students to be ignorant of anything they should know. To this end, we shall avoid no sacrifice. We shall always place education side by side with instruction; the mind will not be cultivated at the expense of the heart. While we prepare useful citizens for society, we shall likewise do our utmost to prepare citizens for eternal life.”
- Blessed Basile Moreau
Founder, Congregation of Holy Cross
When you invest in your son’s education, there’s an expected return on your investment. Holy Cross graduates are successful college students, typically attending their school of choice. The majority of our first time freshmen are attending college on scholarship and it’s not uncommon for them to earn or test out of a full semester or more of college credit.
- We are adaptable in our methods to best fit the learning style of today’s youth. Our rotating block schedule and 80 minute classes are statistically proven to maximize cognitive retention.
- Students with us since 8th grade are ahead five high school classes before beginning freshman year, increasing their elective, Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment opportunities.
- We are invested in technology, invested in our faculty and invested in our course of studies. Our one-to-one laptop program, 9 Ph.D’s in the classroom and 22 college level courses (AP and Dual Enrollment) are among the best in the city.
- Our student’s individual growth is more important than an average class test score. We work with all students to reach their full potential, on average exceeding the high end of expected growth on the ACT test.
- Because of our ideal size, we can live up to our claim as a Holy Cross family. We know your son is not average, we know he is capable of great things and we will surround him with the best teachers and best tools for success.
We pride ourselves on the ability to help young men reach their potential and maximize their future opportunities. Our faculty and staff work closely with each student to deliver a challenging curriculum while developing responsible young men who will become our future campus and community leaders.
We look forward to working with you and your family. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.