Dear Holy Cross Family,
The holy season celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, gives us pause to reflect on our many blessings. It is an honor and a privilege each and every day to have the opportunity to educate and develop our boys to become Holy Cross men in the spirit of our beloved founder, Blessed Basil Moreau, CSC.
As the first semester comes to a close, I would like to thank our administration, faculty, staff, students, alumni and volunteers for all their hard work and dedication to our beloved school. I would like to offer heartfelt thanks and deepest appreciation to all of our alumni guest speakers, who joined us on Career Day. And congratulations to our students on their many outstanding accomplishments this semester. A few highlights are noteworthy from this semester:
- Congratulations to the Theatre Department on their hit production of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- Congratulations to the Debate Team, who have done exceptionally well at several tournaments throughout the semester.
- Congratulations to our Football team for a great season.
- The Tiger Cross Country team did especially well at the LHSAA Championship. Holy Cross ran their hardest against the biggest teams in the state and came away with a 5th place finish.
- Our Swim Team brought home the State Runner-Up trophy in the Louisiana State Swim Championship. The team took home four silver individual medals and one bronze medal. The team had a swimmer place in the top eight in every event at the state meet, which in itself is a big accomplishment. Congratulations to Coach Dale Turner and to the team.
I would like to congratulate Mr. Sean Martin ’92 for being selected as the next Headmaster of Holy Cross School. I am confident that Mr. Martin will approach the role of Headmaster with the proper enthusiasm and dedication the office requires, ushering in the next generation of leadership at Holy Cross School.
Let us continue to pray to our beloved founder, Blessed Basile Moreau C.S.C., as we count our many blessings – past, present, and future.
Myra and I extend our warmest wishes to our Holy Cross family for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with good health, happiness and many blessings!
Charles J. DiGange '64