Individuals interested in applying for a teaching position at Holy Cross School should send resumes to Dr. Joseph Murry (high school) or Mrs. Teresa Billings (primary/middle school).
Position Description: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The CFO assumes managerial responsibility for the financial operations of the School and oversees all business operational aspects of the school. S/he is responsible for safe-guarding the assets of the School and ensuring that all financial and operational functions meet the needs of the School and its constituencies. Reports to the Headmaster of School and is a nonvoting participant of the Board of Directors.
- Directs and performs duties and tasks, as needed, associated with all aspects of finance, including: financial accounting and controls; budgeting; analysis and reporting; insurance; negotiation and financial management of contracts; and general administration.
- Collaborates with the Headmaster of the School and key administrators to ensure that programs remain on budget and are scaled to financial means.
- As an Officer of the Corporation, serves as the financial and administrative advisor to the Headmaster of the School and provides appropriate access to the School's financial information to the Board of Directors through the Headmaster of the School and the Chair of the Business Affairs Committee.
- This position requires a hands-on financial professional who is prepared to grapple with and resolve issues in real time as needed.
- Accounts for funds entrusted to the School; maintains current, accurate financial records of operations and the financial position of the school.
- Provides all financial information necessary for current operations, assessments, and future planning. Analyzes the costs of all school departments.
- Prepares implements and manages annual operating and capital budgets.
- Manages cash effectively; maintains an internal control structure.
- Supervises personnel who handle accounts payable, tuition receivables, banking, payroll & benefit programs, personnel records, human resources, information technology, student store, food service, transportation and facilities.
- Serves on the Business Affairs Committee of the Board of Directors and works closely with that group on fiscal management, financial analysis, short and long-term projections, major expenditures, and financial planning.
- Reports and meets monthly with the Business Affairs Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Serves on the Investment Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Serves on the Employee Benefits Plan Sponsor Committee.
- Responsible for all bank and other lending institutions and financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for risk management for the school and all insurance purchasing decisions.
- Assumes oversight responsibilities for plant management through supervision of the Director of Facilities and Director of Food Service.
- Coordinates with the Director of Facilities on any repairs, additions and improvements to the physical plant or furniture and furnishings.
- Validates financial viability of the Event/Facility rental program
- Coordinates with the Information Technology Director on any system, devices or infrastructure purchasing, lease decisions or dispositions
- Serves as a member of all board committees.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least ten years of proven managerial, problem-solving and planning capability.
- Significant experience in responsibly managing financial, administrative and day-to-day business operations.
- Focused on continuous process improvement, accuracy and detail.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex issues and their financial/operational implications.
- Strong, hands-on experience in financial management including analysis and reporting, budgeting, asset management, audit compliance, federal and state tax regulations and reporting procedures.
- Ability to strategize and develop mechanisms to manage expenses.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, staff, faculty, and others.
- Must be highly analytical and able to multitask and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to employ flexibility and creativity in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Collaborative leadership style: must be a team player, with a positive attitude, exemplifying Holy Cross’ core values and Mission.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Executive managerial experience in the nonprofit sector
- Prior experience as a Chief Financial Officer or equivalent
- Presentation skills
This is a Full Time Year-Round, exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, professional development opportunities and a retirement plan.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to: email@example.com